Tuesday 4 December 2012

::LOVE JEREMY KOST: FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS AT THE ANDY WARHOL MUSEUM::



Whatever You Call Them, They're Still Tears, 2012
I have always been an avid follower of Jeremy Kost since I came across a video of his Not a Play Area exhibition, roughly about the time when I started this blog a few years back. His complex photo-collages require skill and attention to detail and I don't think there is anyone out who can produce such vibrant works as Jeremy does! And hopefully in the very near future I really hope to get my ass across the pond and witness his work for real! So when I saw one of his latest exhibition masterpieces, a monumental photo-collage executed on the site of one of my idols, Andy Warhol's grave, it got me excited about his first solo museum exhibition, Friends with Benefits currently running at the iconic Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. Friends with Benefits features works on an intimate family of renowned Pittsburgh-based drag performers, captured in Kost's signature style photo-collages along with new double exposure Polaroids and Silkscreen paintings. The video for the exhibition above was shot on location in Kost's studio and in Pittsburgh during the making of a number of works for the show. View more of Jeremy Kost's work here and follow him on his facebook art page.

Jeremy Kost: Friends with Benefits
December 2, 2012 - January 27, 2013
Fifth Floor Galleries
The Andy Warhol Museum
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment